Many windmills in Kaag and Braassem deserve to be in the spotlight. During the Molennacht on Saturday 9 September 2023 we will actually take care of this. Extra activities are organized at a number of windmills. Visit the storyteller, walk with our guide or learn how to take fantastic photos with your mobile phone during the workshop.
The Mills that will be in the spotlight on Saturday September 9th, from 20.00 o’clock are:
- Lijkermolen I *
- Lijkermolen II
- Adermolen *
- Waterloosmolen *
- Buurtermolen *
- Hoogmadese Molen (De Heerlijkheid)
- Doesmolen *
- Kalkmolen *
- Vrouw Vennemolen
- Rode Molen *
* These mills are not open to the public during the evening
Photo workshop (with your smartphone)
9 September 19.30-21.00 o’clock (doors open at 19.00)
During this workshop, led by photographer Jan Loos, you’ll discover the wonderful features of smartphones. This workshop will start with a 30 minutes instruction, after which you’ll be making pictures of the illuminated mills by night, under guidance. As you may know, the features on smartphones changes rapidly. To make sure we’re all on the same page, here are a few guidelines:
- Could you please take a smartphone with you which is no more than 3 years old?
- Make sure you take an iOS (f.i. iPhone) or Android (like Samsung, Google, LG, Huawei) phone with you.
- Quick check: Does the camera feature on your smartphone has a PRO modus? If not, it might be a good idea to consider an app like ProCam of ProCam X.
Details: Start is at Dorpshuis Rijpwetering
- 19.00-19.30 Doors open, coffee and tea
- 19.30-20.00: Instructions
- Costs: € 15.50 (including additional ticket charge)
- Maximum participants: 20
PS: Perhaps the pictures you make during the workshop are suitable for our Open Monuments Day photo contest, where you can win a camera to the value of € 1699. Impress chairman of the jury William Rutte with our mills!
Guided walking tour along the illuminated mills
9 September 20.30-22.30
Together with a guide who has knowledge of mills, you will walk to 4 illuminated mills in Rijpwetering: Akkerslootmolen, Waterloosmolen, Lijkermolen I and Lijkermolen II. You not only get a chance to talk to the millers and ask them any question you may have, you also will experience how special these mills are and why they are so important to us and to the landscape.
- The walk is approximately 7 kilometers
- Start is at the Vergulde Vos in Rijpwetering
- Costs: € 3.00 (including additional ticket charge)
- Maximum participants: 25
Boat trip along the illuminated mills
9 September, 18.30 o’clock and 20.00 o'clock or 22.00 o'clock
Both ‘Skûtsje Nooit Volmaakt’ as ‘Bob on Board Rondvaarten’ offer a boat along the various illuminated mills. From the water everything looks even better.
Details Boat trip Nooit Volmaakt
- Starting point: Vergulde Vos in Rijpwetering
- Start: 18.30 o’clock
- Costs: €41,50 per person
- Maximum participants: 12
- Registration link https://www.varenmetdenooitvolmaakt.nl/molennacht
Details Bob on Board Rondvaarten
- Starting point Vergulde Vos in Rijpwetering
- Start: 20.00 o'clock or 22.00 o'clock
- Costs: €20
- Registration by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Story tellers at the mills (Dutch only)
9 September, 20.00 - 21.00 - 22.00 o’clock
Master storyteller Patrick Deters and Jasper Anker take you into the world of mills. The later the evening, the more exciting the story!
Details Patrick Deters
- Location: Googermolen in Roelofarendsveen
- Time: 20.00 o'clock - 21.00 o'clock - 22.00 o'clock
- Free of charge
- Story about the history of windmills and their surroundings.
Details Jasper Anker
- Location: Vlietmolen in Hoogmade
- Time: 20.00 o'clock - 21.00 o'clock - 22.00 oclock
- Free of charge
- Ghost story; the later in the evening, the more exciting the story!
- Participation in our activities is at your own risk.
- Most mills are difficult to reach by car, an exception is the Vlietmolen in Hoogmade, where you can park at the MMO football club.
Are you visiting Kaag en Braassem Promotion as a tourist and would you like more information?Tourist information
Want to know more about how Kaag en Braassem can best be reached by car, bus, bicycle or boat?Accessibility
Looking for all practical matters, civil affairs and more about the municipality of Kaag en Braassem?www.kaagenbraassem.nl